Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Fun Day

Well, the last 24 hours have been interesting.

Last night, my roommate got in a car accident. Her car was totaled, and she was lucky to be okay, although she did get a pretty good knock on the head and is suffering the expected stiffness and pain that usually follows a car crash.

This morning, I was informed that my mom had been given mental attention. That's all I know. I didn't learn when, or where the kids were, or what the attention was for. And I guess I won't know, but I do hope that if this is true, mom is getting excellent care.

And, then today, my friend from Omaha lost her house due to a fire. Candy Man is there now helping with relief. I would have gone, but I have class tomorrow. But my thoughts are with her, and I'm staying home with Cassie to make sure she's okay.

Also, I'm suffering some epic cramps and swollen tonsils. An odd and painful combination. Lord help us.

0 comments: