Wednesday, April 22, 2009

For Good-Installment #1

I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn and we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let them and we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you...


James. An undeniable source of fun and drama. For some reason,
since the moment he entered my life I have had a more abundant
and meaningful existence. Sometimes I wonder why it was James,
of all people, who connected with me the way we did.


When I first met him six years ago, he was that guy my mom warned
me about. He had some bad motive, she said. I was convinced that was
not the case, and kept contact. James shared a passion with me that my
family couldn't understand-a love for music and film.


We have shared a relationship full of pain, regret, anger, love, laughter
-lots of laughter! When I would call heartbroken over my dad's treatment
of me, looking for relief-he was there on the other end promising a whole
new side of life I had never known. He made me feel like less of a freak and
more of a rarity when I was diagnosed with synesthesia. He remains one of
my closest friends and I hope and trust it will continue for a lifetime.

0 comments: