Monday, December 12, 2011

People

Guess what? The Navy is a terrific place to meet new people. Every kind of person. I've shared dinner with sailors from every state and several countries. I've encountered every religion I've ever heard of. There are many motives for joining the service, and I've heard a lot of them. I've made friends I never expected to make, and gained a wealth of wisdom and lessons.

I've realized I don't know anything about personalities. I thought I knew what kind of people I could tolerate and who I should steer clear of. It's strange, some of the most nosy girls have some of the best advice. The most arrogant man could have the fiercest loyalty and protective nature. Some people seem to care about no one, but when you get to know them, they have deeply sensitive souls that need loved.

I've found that I am happiest when surrounded by friends. One on one is the best way to get to know me. But I very much love to be part of a crowd, to fit in with a group. Whether I'm bullshitting around with my work party, or singing with the PAC, or taking a trip to Disney world with my closest friends, or even just chilling at books a million with one or two kindred souls, I'm happiest when with company.

This is the time of my life. To socialize, learn from others about myself and how I interact. To savor the feeling of being wanted and enjoy the presence of others. I'm not the introvert I always thought I was. I have the feeling that 2012 will be my best year to date.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your happy posts, and I smile.