Saturday, March 21, 2009

Inspiration for new blog face


One of my favorite Show Choir songs...

Hairspray's You Can't Stop The Beat!

You can't stop an avalanche as it races down the hill
You can try to stop the seasons, girl, but you know you never will
And you can try to stop my dancing feet, but I just cannot stand still!

'Cause the world keeps spinnin' round and round
And my heart's keepin' time to the speed of the sound
I was lost 'til I heard the drums, then I found my way
'Cause you can't stop the beat

Ever since the whole world began
A woman found out if she shook it, she could shake up a man
And so I'm gonna shake and shimmy it with all of my might today
'Cause you can't stop the motion of the ocean or the sun in the sky
You can wonder, if you wanna, but I never ask why
And you can try to hold me down, but I'll spit in your eye and say
That You Can't Stop the Beat!


You can't stop today (no)
As it comes speeding 'round the track [oooh, child yes!]
Yesterday is history [be gone!]
And it's never comin back! [Look ahead, cause...]
Tomorrow is a brand new day, and it don't know white from black [Yeah!]

'Cause the world keeps spinnin' round and round
And my heart's keepin time to the speed of sound
I was lost til I heard the drums, then I found my way
'Cause you cant stop the beat!

Ever since we first saw the light,
A man and woman like to shake it on a Saturday night
So I'm gonna shake and shimmy it with all of my might today!
Cause you cant stop the motion of the ocean, or the rain from above
They can try to stop the paradise we're dreamin of
But you cannot stop the rhythm of two hearts in love to stay
You can't stop the beat!

0 comments: