Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Island


They say the skies of Lebanon are burning
Those mighty cedars bleeding in the heat
They're showing pictures on the television
Women and children dying in the street
And we're still at it in our own place
Still trying to reach the future through the past
Still trying to carve tomorrow from a tombstone...
...But hey, don’t listen to me
This wasn’t meant to be no sad song
We’ve heard too much of that before
Right now I only want to be here with you
Till the mornin' dew comes fallin' ...


...I want to take you to the island...
...Trace your footprints in the sand...


...And in the evening when the sun goes down
We’ll make love to the sound of the ocean.

-This is one of my favorite songs from Celtic Thunder, my all time favorite group. 'The Island' is a beautiful, haunting song. :)

0 comments: